Popular Posts

Friday 26 June 2015

C'etait Incroyable...

Paris was like my Bali - soul cleansing. It was the perfect weekend away and ideal for a break before exams. It was a dream with the couture, champagne and crepes.

I've never really been drawn to big cities like London or Tokyo, due to how modern and industrial they have become. However Paris's architecture is hands-down my favorite that I've seen. The long windows with intricate balconies, kilograms of gold and copper shower the roofs and the oxygen from the crisp air reacts with the copper of the roofs to create a beautiful turquoise shell for the historic buildings.

In contrast with the hectic streets like the Champs Élysées, the Sacre Couer is so peaceful and tranquil, you can't believe that you're in a capital city. That was a very emotional moment, being able to look over the whole of Paris and barely hearing a peep (I cried:P).

Galeries Lafayette is enormous, I was not expecting it to be so beautiful and cultural. Every inch is filled with either designer pieces or the high street's best. I bought a few things in Topshop and Urban Outfitters, both outfits are on my Instagram @cerysmyfanwy along with more pictures of Paris if you want to have a look.

Oh and the most important thing - the food. Magnifique. I had the best steak of my life in Relais de l-Entrecôte alongside beautifully fried chips. The attitude towards food in Paris and the rest of France is totally different to the UK and a lot of First World countries and it has changed my perspective. You should eat food to enjoy it and for the taste, not just for the sake of eating, or because of boredom.

That's all I have to say because genuinely there are no words to describe this trip, hopefully these pictures will tell more about the stay. I might do another post in a few months that's more of a "Guide to Paris" from my perspective to give recommendations and comments on the places I went to. But for now, enjoy this collection of pictures, I hope the beauty of this city translates through these pictures :)



 Instagram: @cerysmyfanwy

 Twitter: @cerysmyfanwy



 


















No comments:

Post a Comment