Popular Posts

Friday 11 October 2013

Pamper Evening Essentials!

We all know that Friday night evening after a long week at work or school and you just want to relax whilst eating chocolate or crisps in front of the television!

Instead of taking the unhealthy route, I like to have a pamper evening. A few hours to yourself is all you need if it's been a particularly hard or busy day. You don't have to talk to anyone, all you do is relax.

So to kick of any pamper evening, I'd start to run the bath so that you don't have to wait around, with that chocolate temptation rising higher and higher! I love getting bath bombs to plonk in the bath or sweet bubble bath's but unfortunately I don't have them tonight, so I opted for a shower gel which makes lots and lots of bubbles!

Then I'll wash my face because we don't want our make-up heading south for the winter with all the moisture from the bath:P



I absolutely adore this combination! It's so good for your skin and removes make-up so well. I won't go into this too deep as I'll make a blog post about skincare soon. But I use this combination to wash my face before stepping into the bath using a cotton wool pad for the cleansing lotion and a flannel for the face wash.

I like "dramatic" baths as my brother puts it, so candles are an essential, scented ones are always a treat!

I feel candles set the mood and just add to the relaxation

After the bath is full I'll actually get in, which is pretty straight forward. I like to try different beauty products in pamper evenings, and the two treatments I've been using most and am seriously running out of are slightly more expensive products and are a wonderful gift.


I apologize that you cant even see the text on the bottle on the right as it's actually worn off which is an inconvenience, nevertheless it is Pecksniffs body oil which leaves your skin silky smooth and really moisturizes. I tend to use this after i use the Sanctuary Body Scrub so that i exfoliate my skin before putting the body oil on top. I recommend these two products as they are a lovely treat and the body scrub has actually lasted me ages!

I'll then use a moisturizing shower gel to shave my legs and I use Lemon Burst Wow Refreshing shower gel by Anovia.



I really enjoy this and it's brilliant for shaving and it moisturizes very well (I think you get the idea that I like moisturizing :P). Also it smells like lemons, what more do you want in life?!

After all the jobs are done, I just relax and enjoy!

When I'm done I will then wash my hair in the shower with my Tresemme combo which i reviewed in a previous blog here if you'd like to read. If I'm feeling like i want to treat my hair further, I'll use a masque to repair any dry or damaged hairs on my head so that my hair's ready for the weekend!



I like to use this as my hair's fairly wavy and this is a nice treatment to keep my waves under control! Of course we all have different hair types and we like different brands, so choose the hair masque that you prefer to complete this part of your evening. You're supposed to apply this to towel dried hair and leave for around 10 minutes.

So after this is works it's magic i rinse it out with a wide comb and then leave my hair to dry. Then my face is starting to dry from the moisture of the bath so I want to keep my skin hydrated so I apply a light moisturizer by Simple which is brilliant, again I'll include this in a skincare blog post in the near future.



Then I'll apply a body moisturizer or polish to my legs and arms to keep them nice and soft. To finish off the evening I'll paint my toenails...



In a previous blog post, I talked about the perfect nail colour for autumn and this is one of my deep red wine colors!

I then let my nails dry and watch tv or youtube, feeling all fresh and pampered!

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment