Popular Posts

Sunday 21 February 2016

Modern Classics



Happy Sunday everyone, today's post is an outfit one which incorporates a mixture of old classics and modern essentials in one, creating a great transitional outfit into Spring, touching on the 90's minimalism trend of SS16.

Firstly I added a crisp classic white shirt to a fairly plain outfit of a sleeveless polo neck and a denim skirt. However rather than wear the shirt the traditional way, my best friend had previously styled me with this shirt tied and I feel it gives a modern twist to an old love.

Due to the frost that would form on my shins during Winter I added plain black tights, which could easily be removed during the warmer months. To add to the modern twist I slipped on my New Balance 373 to keep the look current and casual, and most importantly comfy. Sunglasses are always a staple for any outfit of mine, especially these black ones that are like a classic in my collection.


I was feeling more adventurous and after being inspired by an editorial spread in ELLE magazine a couple of months back, I decided to add a denim shirt in replacement of the white shirt. Although more 'out there' denim is still a classic piece and I love the combination of both denims together, especially with this shirt being buttoned up almost completely and tied rather than open. The polo neck still peeps through the top, giving a slightly industrial look. 


Grey Polo - H&M
Denim Shirt - Vintage (similar in SALE)
White shirt - Old but very similar here
Sunnies - Old (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment