Popular Posts

Sunday 14 February 2016

The Boyfriend Coat


Hi everyone, hope you're all well. Firstly I'd like to apologise for not blogging in so long, the amount of work mixed with lack of inspiration made it hard to come up with outfits and put together a blog post. But I'm back and will continue to blog, sticking to a schedule of posting every Sunday evening.

Today's post is an outfit one where I styled (literally) my boyfriend's coat with a relaxed '1980's Goalkeeper' sweatshirt to make a comfy and casual outfit. The over-sized trend has been re-incarnated from the 90's for the past few years now and as you can tell from my previous posts, I've never actually followed that trend. I think that's because I've been afraid of looking like a boy because of my not-so broad shoulders and hips. However I've learnt that there are definitely ways around making baggy look shapely.

Firstly, the coat. it's a really lovely quality coat from ASOS that probably looks best on men but also creates the over-sized, relaxed look that I wanted for the walk. The buttons down the front allow you to choose a smarter, more polished(ish) appearance or you could wear it undone for added casualness

Some people like to wear baggy with baggy which I think looks really cool, and if it works for you then go for it but it's never looked good on me personally, so instead of ripped boyfriend jeans, I've chosen the black Jamie jeans from Topshop which are super skinny (but sadly out of stock - click here or here for alternative). These show the shape of your legs, hips and bum in the right way, showing more shape to your body to contrast with the baggy top.


Because the outfit was styled for a walk, I had to wear my new comfy trainers by New Balance. I love the black and grey together because it mutes down the obviousness of the brand's symbol 'N', and of course these colours come from the Parisian Chic palette - love.


I accessorised with sunglasses which was just totally inappropriate for February but there was a thin ray of sunshine through the clouds so any excuse, and also some rings that were from Topshop (similar here).

Yes so that's the entire outfit that I wore on my adventure to buy creme eggs and hot cross buns - yum.



(finding the creme egg)



Twitter - @cerysmyfanwy

Instagram - @cerysmyfanwy

Bloglovin' - Cerys Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment