Popular Posts

Thursday 24 October 2013

Skincare Routine!

Being a teenager is always hard on your skin as your hormones are doing a little crazy dance inside you! So we all want confidence in our looks and one of the main steps to get this confidence is by achieving healthy skin.

I know there'll be nights when you can't be bothered to take your make-up off or wash your face if you have a particularly long skincare routine. But it's crucial to at least remove your make-up, a lot of beauty guru's i follow always tell you never to use wipes and I agree as they don't cleanse your face properly. But if you are at a sleepover or you've come home late and don't have the time to cleanse properly then it's better to use a wipe than to not use anything!

Of course, you readers aren't going to be out late or at sleepovers every night, especially the teens reading! Therefore I recommend having an easy but effective skincare routine for everyday.


I'm going to share my skincare routine which I've stuck to for nearly a year and it is working very well. I don't want to change my routine until I can see a change in my skin as I get older just because I don't want my skin to get bad reactions from certain products and the change of products which can often 'shock' your skin as it isn't used to unusual products.

In the morning I like to cleanse my face as my head's been flat on a pillow all night and I want to remove any dust or bacteria off my face. As my cleanser I use Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion. I love this brand as there's no perfume or alcohol, all natural and does the job for me. I put a small amount on a slightly wet cotton wool pad then gently 'massage' it on my face and it removes any dust and dirt (I just made it sound like a surface cleaner, apologies:P) and just generally wakes me up a bit more, leaving me with a clean face!


I will then gently dab my face dry with a clean towel and then apply a moisturiser. I don't use a face wash in the morning as I think a cleanser is enough for this time of day. Again from Simple, it's a Light Moisturiser. They do sell a Rich Moisturiser but of course as I have younger skin I don't need anything too rich or it's too heavy. This moisturiser is brilliant, it does what it says on the bottle, it honestly lasts for 12 hours and is just all round great! I certainly recommend this as it's inexpensive and lasts a long time.



That's it for the morning, for the night I do the same thing, but there's another step that I use in between. Firstly, I'll use my cleanser as I would in the morning, then I'll hop in the shower and use a face wash. The face wash I use is again, Simple (highly recommendable brand!) Triple Action Face Wash. This doesn't get rid of spots completely, but then again, which cleanser or face wash does? It does get rid of spots but of course not every spot. It's an antibacterial so it stops dirt and of course, bacteria from approaching your face.

This does help prevent spots from coming, if you have a small spot then it will reduce it and of course cleanse your pores so that not as many spots will come again. There are tiny micro-beads  inside which is the Zinc and Chamomile which are very beneficial for the skin. This product is very good, it leaves your skin hydrated and refreshed and it has helped my skin a lot therefore I recommend it to you readers who want something easy, inexpensive and quite light for you teenage/young adult skin!

I'm aware that these aren't specifically for oily skin but I don't have oily skin so I don't use those products, but never fear. Simple do have products for oily skin types and as I recommend the brand you should go and see their products for oily skin types.

I hope this post has helped you determine a healthy, easy skincare routine!

To Follow...

Bloglovin: Cerys Evans
Twitter: Cer_811
Instagram: cerysmyfawny

No comments:

Post a Comment