Popular Posts

Sunday 16 March 2014

The Neglected Jewelry Piece

Pendants. Ever since the statement, chunky necklace took it's spot in the limelight I rarely see people wearing lovely long pendants anymore! I do love making a statement, but sometimes It's nice to keep things subtle with the ever-so divine pendant.

To me, a pendant is timeless. Although it may not always be 'it' or on trend I feel that no one will ever make the comment "omg that's so last season" on this piece. Whenever I'm creating an outfit and can't seem to point out what's missing, I 99.7% of the time grab either a silver or a gold-rustic pendant.

I do actually have a Top 3, the pendant's I wear on a weekly basis because they go with absolutely anything and everything!


 In 3rd...


This to me is almost a statement necklace in pendant form because it has so many different little shapes and textures on top of the big rustic-styled heart. It goes with everything and although I don't wear it as often as the other two, I always come back to it - especially in Summer!


2nd...


This is quite different to any jewelry piece I own but I think it's so pretty and unique and is good to add to an outfit to mute down any bold colours slightly because of its worn-in look and colour. This was briefly mentioned on my blog in my Guess What Style series for Smart Casual if you'd like to read what I usually wear this necklace with.

And Number ONE!



There's a running theme of hearts in my jewelry collection - clearly. I think silver just goes with everything, it never fails me and doesn't ever seem to look cheap if it's silver plated from the high street. Having an auntie who's a silver smith has made my love for silver pieces grow more and more over the years and so I will continue to wear silver pendants - even if it's 50 years from now and we're living in a futuristic world where only neon is acceptable.

I hope this has brought the pendant back into some lives again and I shall write to you next weekend! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment