Popular Posts

Sunday 2 March 2014

Who doesn't love a bit of Vintage?


So, I ask you the question - who doesn't love a bit of vintage? Whether it's 1920's jewelry, 1940's skirts or even 1990's grunge, I'm certain all of us have a love for something nostalgic. If you've been reading this blog since I started, you may have guessed that I'm somewhat of a 'girly-girl', I love my skirts and Chelsea Boots as well as tons of lace! But a family member recently came across an old pair of her Guess, high-waisted, turn up shorts from California in the 90's - I was ecstatic.

I've always loved shorts but never ventured into even vintage-looking shorts so to own a vintage pair I felt excited to try out something new this Spring (hopefully) and Summer. As I've been thinking about these shorts since I received them, I've been wondering what outfits and styles I could incorporate them into. There's a lot of ways to say the least and so instead of sharing them all in one painfully long blog post, I thought I'd split them up and every few weeks I'd write about a new style over this season - we'll call it 'Guess what style?' (Apologies for that poor pun).








   
First, smart casual. Sometimes I don't even know what this means. A pencil skirt with a hoodie? Black trousers and a sloppy t-shirt? Or a full on lounge-around-suit with a briefcase in one hand and a black takeaway coffee in the other? Thing is, it's what YOU make of it. With these shorts, I'd say this look is slightly more on the casual side so something ideal to wear on a day out shopping.






The collared white shirt and the cute yet sophisticated ballet pumps make this look more smart and chic.

The light blue sunglasses gives the look a more chilled vibe and the rustic-styled pendant adds a little something to the completed look and keeps it casual as it dangles above the stomach so quite low down, toning the sophistication of the shirt down.

That is the end of part one of the 'lookbook', I hope you enjoy and if you have any tips on styling vintage items, say so in the comments!

Pip pip cheerio!






















1 comment: