Popular Posts

Friday 3 July 2015

Back to the Future


You may be puzzled as to how a fashion blog links to science fiction? Well, truthfully, there is no real link here other than the fact that science surrounds us, as does fashion. This is one of my favourite outfits and fortunately the clothes were all bough fairly recently and are still available for you to buy.

If we start from the top down; this beautiful 70's blouse is from Miss Selfridge and is just so elegant yet very boho and dilettante (although not very festival appropriate as it's white and I think we all know British festivals don't welcome this colour with open arms). This is a gorgeous piece that I feel I'll get a lot of wear out of and if you're lucky to be tall enough or happen to look fabulous in floral flares, this would be a great accompaniment to hit the trend.


I decided to pair it with the timeless Denim Skirt from Urban Outfitters which although timeless certainly has a 60's influence to it with its A-Line fit. I love the fit of this as it widens my hips a little which I like to do. If you don't want to emphasise or widen your hips then I suggest choosing a skater style skirt to help slim your hips if that's what you wish.

To contrast with the reverse of fashion, I chose to wear these modernistic Holographic Heeled Sandals from ASOS. They're comfy and are a very quick way to dress up and outfit. Despite this, as they are a subtle holographic shoe in the 'Barely There' style, these look great with jeans rolled up for a more casual vibe. The heel is very low, almost a kitten heel which I know a lot of people dislike so if you'd prefer a higher heel here's a similar pair.


The flower crown I'm wearing at the top of this post was from Primark a year ago, but here's a similar one (that's ON SALE!)

I hope you enjoyed today's post and that the mix of classic and current is to your taste. Keep your eyes peeled for the next post on Tuesday!

Instagram: @cerysmyfanwy

Twitter: @cerysmyfanwy

Bloglovin': Cerys Myfanwy


No comments:

Post a Comment