Popular Posts

Friday 17 July 2015

What to Pack: Summer Holiday!


As today is officially the last day of the school year for most schools which means a lot of you will be going on holiday, maybe even abroad and this is what i pack for a holiday abroad in Mallorca. 


The first things I take, which most would take are at least two books. I'm not a total bookworm I'll admit, however I do love to read on holiday by the pool or even just before bed to help me sleep which is what I do even when at home anyway. I've read a few of the Shopaholic Series and I started 'Shopaholic & Baby' a few years ago then I stupidly lost it. So when it was on offer at Tescos along with 'You Had me at Hello' which was highly recommended by mum, I had to get it again. Sophie Kinsella is a brilliant writer who manages to make me laugh a lot! Another favourite of mine is the new one 'Shopaholic to the Stars' - it's hilarious.


I hate having to decide between clutch bags with outfits so to avoid this I only pack one that goes with everything and that is a good size. This is a vintage Diesel clutch and it's rectangular and thin which looks sleek as I don't carry much anyway - I just love the look of a simple big clutch with an outfit.

Now what goes in it: 1. Body tape. I hate wearing a bra on holiday, especially in a hot country it's just too uncomfortable so body tape is a great solution to make sure your clothes stick to your body and don't gape and if it's a thin material it helps cover areas that need covering :P. You can find these for next to nothing on Ebay.

2. Tinted Vaseline for an easy way to give a little colour and it makes your lips super soft. I've used this one for so long and it's my favourite out of the collection - 10/10

3. Lip Gloss and this one from LancĂ´me is to die for. The colour is a Pinky Nude and gives a lovely shine and feels incredible on the lips. The biggest plus is that it doesn't stick to your hair which is always an issue. The colour I have is Rose Ballet and it's just stunning.


This may seem obvious, but I'm being more specific than just a sandal. These sandals are from New Look and are real leather (psst there are other colours available that are in the sale for £9!). They're very pretty and exotic and can be worn day or night which is essential on keeping your packing to a minimum. Too many sandals will take up too much space so having a nice pair that will last as they are of a better material is worth it so they can be worn out for a market shop and a comfy night out at a restaurant.

The final major item I pack is a stellar, stand out dress that is that bit more special than your other dresses. this was actually my prom dress but I'm ready to wear it several more times as it's gorgeous. There's only a teaser picture in this post as it will be featured in a lookbook soon. However it's from Missguided

I hope you all enjoy your Summer and let me know if you're going away somewhere this season!


No comments:

Post a Comment