Popular Posts

Friday 24 July 2015

Top 3 Albums

Something different today, this is a post about music which is probably my biggest passion in life so i hope you don't mind me discussing it this week.








So my 3rd favourite album is Royal Blood's Album with their debut album - Royal Blood. The concept of using a Bass as a guitar rather than a guitar as a bass creates a fantastic sound against the drummer. Despite the fact that there are only two instruments it creates and incredible sound and pays a great tribute to Rock music. My favourite song is Little Monster which has amazing guitar riffs that force you into doing the air guitar unfortunately. They performed at the BRITS this year and were phenomenal (click here) and they even won the Best British Group and were nominated for a BBC Music Award this year.


2nd is Years & Years' long awaited debut album, Communion. In spite of the fact that I love rock, this band are very very good live even though they're an Electronica Trio, they manage to perform live and be entertaining unlike some bands that have proven disappointing (Jungle and Disclosure if I'm honest). You must've heard the hits 'King' and 'Desire' that many people loved. Their music makes me want to dance all the time and they've definitely nailed the modern electronica feel. My favourite songs from the album are 'Take Shelter' and 'Shine'.


The winner and my eternal love is Catfish & the Bottlemen with their album 'The Balcony'. There are no words to describe my love for this album, It's the first album I've ever listened to where I adore every single song. They've had an incredible year from playing at Reading & Leeds Festival last year, winning at the BBC Music Awards in 2014, getting 'Cocoon' on Fifa, filling in for Sam Smth at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend and playing their first ever Glastonbury the other week. I feel they will be huge, absolutely huge. They're such hard workers and love what they do. They deserve every success that they get and what's to come. Have a listen to Pacifier and Tyrants for their best songs live and and listen to the whole album on Spotify (to follow me my username is cerys.myfanwy).

Instagram: @cerysmyfanwy

Twitter: @cerysmyfanwy

No comments:

Post a Comment