Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Skater Style!

Before last year, all that I could recollect about 'skater style' was Avril Lavigne's 'Skater Boy' music video back in the early noughties! But it seems that this style that we used to look back at and laugh (as we do with every old fashion trend) has now made a return.


Of course it isn't the spitting image of that music video since fashion basics have changed and the look would turn from retro to just plain old-fashioned. But what I see nowadays is that mainstream high street stores are taking hints from skate brands such as Vans so that they can incorporate skate style into Sports Luxe.

I am not a skater myself:P I squeal as soon as I get on the board and start to move - literally. However, the Sports Luxe trend has given us all an excuse to pretend. As I discussed in my Personal Style post (a long while back!) a good way to get your style is to incorporate trends into what you like to wear and what you feel comfortable in. This is what I do... most of the time.

For instance, instead of going all out with the hats and the boyfriend jeans I'll opt for my baggy, Guess Shorts as they have a rugged look to the them which gives and edge, I feel. To pair with them I'll wear my Vans in my favourite colour - royal blue to incorporate me into the outfit.

Another thing I like to do which has been seen on Tumblr very much this past year, I take a boy's tartan shirt (I think it's called a Flannel in the US?) and just tie it around my waist which helps with the look and also accentuates the waist - always something I love to do!

Also I think baggy jumpers or tops are quite skater style and I LOVE this one by Holly Fulton to pair with these Eytys, Vans inspired skate shoes - the colour is gorgeous!










No comments:

Post a Comment