Popular Posts

Saturday 23 November 2013

Saturday Night Tunes!

Some of you lovely readers will be out living and loving life with friends, either celebrating that it's the weekend or maybe congratulating someone on an achievement this week. I hope you're all enjoying!

Others may be in the same situation as I am, sitting at home chilling, waiting for food and eyes glued to all devices. The "typical teenager".

Fortunately, it's not bad at all! I can currently smell BBQ Ribs and chips scenting all the way from our kitchen to my bedroom. YUM.

Not only am I indulged in such an outstanding smell and the warmth of my snuggly blanket, but I'm listening to two of my favourite albums of the moment right now.



I was kindly given these two albums as a gift for my Birthday two weeks ago and I have to say; I love them!

I've loved Rudimental ever since they made it big in the UK which was about a year and a half ago when they released their single 'Feel the Love' which I think will never ever get old. The album 'Home' has been out for quite a while now and I had been eyeing it down for the past few months. Luckily, my boyfriend listened to me when I kept saying how much I wanted this album :P

I love all the songs, they're all fantastic! But my favourite has got to be one of my favourite songs ever, Feel the Love because it's just amazing!


Although Chase & Status have been around for around 10 years I only really discovered them earlier this year. Ever since I listened to 'Blind Faith' on YouTube I instantly really liked them. I was so excited to watch them live at Glastonbury this year and they did not disappoint me!

When I heard 'Lost & Not Found' earlier in the summer I loved it and then 'Count on Me' was released later in the summer. I then discovered that Chase and Status had a new album out, 'Brand New Machine'. Of course, I really wanted it and thankfully I got it!

This album definitely isn't as heavy in terms of the bass as 'No More Idols' and songs like 'No Problem'. It reminds me a lot of 90's music, as if that was the base to nearly all the songs on the album. I do love this about the album because it puts a slight twist to typical Drum & Bass songs.

I have to say that 'Count on Me' is my favourite, it's as if that song was made for me it has everything I could want in an upbeat song. 

This week I'm going to go old school and listen to some Ninja Tunes and DJ Shadow, both are 90's Drum & Bass songs. Also the apparent King of Drum & Bass, Roni Size. I'll let you know what I think on my Twitter or another blog post. 

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment